Get The Facts On Mold

By Jen Wolfe

Even in Arizona mold is more common than you think. According to a University of Arizona study, 100 percent of homes in the U.S. have mold. Mold is found in 88 percent of window sills, in 83 percent of refrigerators, in 83 percent of the areas below the kitchen sink, in 82 percent of air vents and on 50 percent of walls above the shower.

Thanks to all this mold in our homes, 37 million Americans have chronic sinus infections – nearly all due to mold spores, according to a 1999 study by the Mayo Clinic. People with asthma and/or respiratory issues have a high rate of side effects from mold such as wheezing, irritated glands, trouble breathing, stuffy nose or itchy throat. Other side effects of exposure to mold can include arthritic-like aches, memory loss, nausea, loss of balance, depression and fatigue.

The best way to treat the allergies and health symptoms caused by mold is to get rid of mold altogether.

Chuck Davis of Phoenix-based Grawood Enterprises, makers of MoldOff, says, “Many people make the mistake of believing that a simple wash with bleach gets rid of mold. In fact, bleach only kills surface mold leaving the roots intact to regrow. In addition, bleach is an extremely harsh chemical that is not safe for the environment, not to mention unsafe for use around kids or pets.”

There are several eco-friendly, green, biodegradable mold removal products on the market. Three of the most popular are MoldOff, MoldZyme and Vital Oxide. These products are all safe for use around pets and kids and generally won’t harm the surface being treated.

Comments

  1. Thank you this helped a lot

Leave a Reply