The Boulders Resort in Carefree will premiere its first annual Arizona Honey Festival September 29-30 to celebrate the history, health benefits and culinary delights of this ancient natural ingredient. The festival will be held at el Pedregal, the resort’s distinctive outdoor marketplace, and will feature a variety of events and amenities including cooking with honey demonstrations and honey spa treatments.
The festival is a natural fit for the resort – a local Arizona beekeeper was a fixture at the property’s crossroads, at the corner of Scottsdale Road and Carefree Road, in the 1970s, where he sold his harvest before The Boulders began. Arizona is perhaps best known for Orange Blossom honey, a light, mild honey with a gourmet flavor.
The Boulders’ first annual Arizona Honey Festival will feature:
- Emily Brown, the “Queen Bee”, Demonstrations by Arizona Bee Keepers Association
- Celebrity “Cooking with Honey” demonstrations
- Gala “Honey Dinner” prepared by guest Executive Chefs from Waldorf Astoria luxury resorts throughout the US
- Arizona Honey Blossom Spa Service (a 50-minute honey wrap body treatment)
- AZ Honey Festival getaway package.
- Honey-inspired culinary treats, Honey Cakes at the Bakery Café, Honey Fry Bread and Honey Cocktails.
- And, of course, freshly-made Arizona honey to bring home.